verse of the day

Saturday, August 11, 2007

I want to be.....

Three things in life I strive for....

1. A servant of God. I want to dedicate my life to Him. The most depressing thing to
me is that I fall short everyday. I know what I need to do but yet don't them .
That is my down fall. With reading the Word an understanding comes the
responsibility to obey what you read. I want to grow in my relationship with Jesus
and to overcome the sins that I hold onto. This is my top goal. To live a life
that is pure and holy and sanctified to the Lord for His liking is what will
help me to achieve the next two goals.
2. To be a provider for my family. I want to lead by showing my obedience to God.
To be the one who puts food on the table and makes wise choices to lead my family
into what ever direction they go. This is of the most importance to me. I see so
many people who do not hold up their commitment and really just sort of give
up at times. I don't want to be that man. I come from a family that uses
bankruptcy to get out of trouble. While it is sometimes unavoidable I do not want
to be the one to keep that tradition going.It starts with my family. It starts
with my finances, my lifestyle, and my choices. So I pray for guidance in this
area.
3. To be a mega nerd! Thats right. I want to be that nerd that my neighbors come to
when they cannot get any sound or their PC won't come on. Yeah when their family
photos and other documents get trashed by the 12 year old they have who need some
hard drive space to save some of their WOW on. I want to be able to go and help(I
can fix most of theses problems now). I plan to start school this fall and
hopefully land a decent Job. I want to use these skills to help start a web
ministry or to build a web page for my friends and family(Even Though I don't like
to write any code, but it cannot be avoided sometimes.

No comments:

Counter