verse of the day

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Parting Sins, Parting Water. Same Difference?!

"The LORD your God did to the Jordan just what he had done to the Red Sea when he dried it up before us until we had crossed over. He did this so that all the peoples of the earth might know that the hand of the LORD is powerful and so that you might always fear the LORD your God." Joshua 4:24 NIV
Sometimes when I pray I say the following……
“Thank you for parting my sins and making a way to walk across this world to you.”
Why? Because the same as God parted the sea He has also parted our sin. We are living in this constant state of sin in which we cannot find a way out.It is too deep to swim through! The consequences are coming up behind us. Death surely awaits if it catches us. Death awaits of try to make it though the water(sin) on our own. So we have no choice except to pray to God to save us from the death that is chasing us and the barrier(sin) that is before us. When we do, God will do what He did to the Jordan and to the red sea. He will move our sins and let us travel the road less taken. We can go through Jesus and walk through the water(sin). If we pray it will happen. He will take us through the rough times we face and away from the sins we committed that hunt us. We will find the promises of the Lord are true. If we follow Him.
Yes I do believe that it is much like the parting of the sea. I enjoy walking through the dry land knowing that my God has pulled my sin back off my life so that I can be with Him. If I walk in His plan and not my own plan.

No comments:

Counter