verse of the day

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Make a Joyful Noise Unto God. (Splinter's of Silver)

The following is an piece of an article written by Splinter's of Silver. It is a brilliant post and all Christians should take a look at this one....
"The thing I would like to ponder is the idea of children verses adult singing specials in the church. In fact, I’ll just come right out and ask the question:

Why do we accept and applaud a child that sings a special, though it may be off key, but seem to dare not let an adult sing that does not have the “voice of angels”?"


It goes on to cover an issue that I had previously not even thought of. Go read it.

1 comment:

Mountain Mama said...

This is a very good question and one I have often wondered about.
I must say that as I have gotten older I find that it is easier for me to show my delight in such things. More like a child in that way.
It is delightful to hear little children worship,
And there is something precious about the shaky voice of the elderly as they are praising our Lord. But that group you addressed needs encouragement too.

Counter