verse of the day

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

And the winner of the "Which Notebook Should Travis Get For School?" contest is....




The HP Pavilion HDX

This is a serious notebook that was picked for me to use. I am curious why people didn't vote for the ASUS. However I a fan of HP. I think (in my personal opinion that HP makes one of the best home, office, or media pc's on the market. Price wise that is. I have owned three. The first was a Pavilion 1210ze Entertainment Notebook. It was okay for internet browsing which is what I wanted it for.
The next was a more recent Pavilion Dv6000 Budget Notebook. It was a very impressive notebook with a super nice screen(15.4) I was impressed but didn't need it for my early experiments that were soon to follow.It was however a great buy for under 1g.
I now have a Pavilion a305w desktop. It has been tweaked alot and is still standing. Although I do not use the standard monitor. I use a TriGem 15. It does what I want it to.
None of those however compare to the Pavilion HDX in no way. You might say why would he need a notebook that size for school? You guys voted and this was the winner. So here are the specs of the notebook that I will be ordering shortly.

*Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium (32-bit)
*Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo processor T7500
(2.20 GHz, 4 MB L2 Cache, 800MHz FSB)
*20.1" WSXGA+ High-Definition HP Ultra Brightview Widescreen Display
(1680 x 1050)
*4GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)
*512MB ATI(TM) Mobility Radeon(TM) HD 2600 XT
*HP Imprint (Dragon) + Fingerprint Reader + Webcam + Microphone
*Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 4965AGN Network Connection and Bluetooth(TM)
*320GB 5400RPM SATA Dual Hard Drive (160GB x 2)
*Integrated HP HDTV Hybrid TV Tuner and 4 Altec Lansing speakers
+the HP Triple Bass Reflex subwoofer
*9 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
*Computrace LoJack for Laptops, Four Years
*Microsoft(R) Works 8.0
*Power Pack software -
Includes Roxio Creator Premier,
Muvee AutoProducer Premium and Serif Web Plus
*3-year HP Accidental Damage Protection with
Express Repair extended service plan
All of these very awesome specs equal to a desktop replacement that come to a total of $3,944.97.

So thanks for helping me to chose which one I should use and will be sure to give my open and honest review of it once I have had the chance to sit down and explore it.

No comments:

Counter