verse of the day

Sunday, July 8, 2007

Over the last few nights I have had some great talks my friend. We have talked about John The Baptist, Jesus’ Birth, should we hate Satan or just hate his ways, and last night once saved always saved. It was a good long talk in which we both had a lot to say about the subject.

Romans 10 :9-10 says……”If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved.” NLT

Huh.!? So what about those who will come to Jesus in the end to hear ” depart from me I never knew you!” Didn’t I cast out demons and do many great things in your name?
I never knew you? Did this man know Jesus? No he didn’t! Even though he cast out demons and did some really cool stuff in Jesus name he must not have understood Jesus and how to get into His arms.Faith is what gets you there.

“But blog guy! What about the book of James?”
I was trying to get there. Slow your roll.

James said that faith with out works is dead faith and works with out faith is worthless work. Yes he did say that. So I have come to this answer that most won’t like…….

Why take a chance? I am very much unable to say at this point if we are saved always no matter what we do. I don’t know. I am looking and waiting for the answer to come to me about this topic. Until the day when I get to heaven why would you need to take a chance about this. Just follow Jesus and never let up. Keep learning and obeying Him the very best you can.

No comments:

Counter